Knitting Trolls



Epiphany in the Mailbox

Dear Melanie:

So today I received an epiphany in my mailbox… You should know that I am a mail whore. I love mail – especially if it is glossy like magazines or catalogs. In today’s mail, I noticed this bright colorful catalog.



As you can see, there is a family of elephants on the front and at the bottom it states “Looking for peanuts in all the wrong places.” Melanie, this speaks to me. I feel this is a message for me about my life. What the hell this message is saying, I don’t know. But if you figure it out please let me know. I may have to meditate on this for awhile…

Anyhoo… Knitting. I have been a knitting fool. I finished Jill’s graduation purse. The pattern was Girly
from Magknits. I am very, very proud of it. It was a pain in the ass with all of the hand sewing but I am still very, very proud of it.



While shopping for yarn for the Girly purse, I came across this perfectly round ball of the cutest yarn and had to buy it. It came with a baby hat pattern and being as everyone I know is reproducing but me (the spinster nun), I decided to knit it up. I'll have to post a pic at a later date.

I find that I am fast becoming a yarn snob - before long I will no longer be able to stand the cheap craft store yarn. This could become an expensive hobby.

Looking for Peanuts in all the Wrong Places (apparently),
Michelle
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment