Knitting Trolls



Give me DSL or give me death

Dear Michelle,

I admit it…I can’t live without the internet. I thought I could handle it, but I can’t. I think I have another addiction here. When we moved to the ghetto, to our temporary apartment, I thought, “why bring the computer, it could just get stolen, and I can just use the internet at work.” WRONG!! Turns out I have been relying heavily on this technology that has made me a useless tool at some pretty simple tasks. Like ordering a pizza. Without the internet (or a phone book) I just sat and stared at the wall instead of knowing whom to call- why, because I have no yahoo yellow pages to find me the closest one to my apartment. It has even gotten so sad, that I call people up with the internet and ask them to look it up for me. Luckily Michelle, I have spared you of this….but I came this close the other night when I needed directions to the nearest Joanne’s. Boy, do I miss the simpler days. And boy, am I counting the minutes till my stoner landlord hooks up the DSL……….

On another topic, like two weeks ago I was in NYC (would have posted sooner about it, but once again- no internet). Nothing crazy happened, as I had my camera in hand to take pictures. I did get this shot of a bus with dirty laundry on it. Even the busses are cooler in NY- ours only say JO or the MAX on them. What exactly is the JO? It’s not in Johnson county, so what of it?


I did get some fabulous fake designer handbags in Chinatown. It was wonderful. I just walked down the street, omitting my tourist with cash to burn vibe, and these men standing outside the shops muttered under there breath, “Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci?” and I couldn’t resist that kind of offer. So they spirited me to an underground layer where every room was wall-to-wall purses (and southern tourists). My Nirvana. I haggled with the best of them and got three wonderful bags. Now I only need a place to take them out to……

On the knitting front, the cute placemats that you sent me the pattern for are coming along nicely. I will take pics and update as they progress.

Melanie Troll

PS your purse rocks by the way!! My birthday is September 9th- and my favorite color is pink- just in case you forgot or didn’t know.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment