Knitting Trolls



To felt or not to felt...

Dear Michelle,

I don't have access to cyberspace for a week, and now you like NICK LACHEY!!

Granted, I haven't heard his new song or read any articles about him, and I did think he was cute back in the pre Jessica Simpson 98 degrees phase, but now.....I don't know. I don't trust his choice in women, and sad to say I did watch newlyweds, and thought he was a tool. But I shant judge...I did like Justin Timerblake's music in his post Britney work. Kinda the same thing...

Oy Vey!! Not only did I almost die this weekend, and had to make not one but two trips to the ER because of my nasty spider bite.....but I also finished a knitting project!! Woo-hoo! From start to finish, I actually followed a pattern and did everything it said (even when I didn't understand it) . I had set out to make these cute little matching luggage tags out of your fav mag knit.1. While I was making them, they seemed a bit godzillaish, but then I had yet to felt them....
Felt them...how the hell do I do this?? I did all the research I could, and it seemed cinchy. Um...not really so...

So here are the pics, pre felt and post felt...and let me just say....no laughing please...I tried!!


Pre Felt


Post Felt















I am 1) excited that I followed the directions exactly and finished something in a matter of hours(sickness will help will that)
and 2) totally mystified as to what happened...

Comments....

Your recovering blogging partner,

Melanie
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

6:57 AM

Felting is a tricky thing. I first learned about felting while I was in Phoenix about 2 months ago at a knitting shop with my psuedo mother-in-law. I had no idea that yarn could do this. Unfortunately your before and after pics look the same except maybe a little smaller. Maybe you didn't leave it in the water long enough. It is water that you put it in isn't it?
Sorry to hear about your spider bite. I had one too last week. A bid knarly looking thing on my arm. So very pretty and then I put this ointment on it and it went away. Also, we missed you at the wine tasting! Get feeling better! Trish    



» Post a Comment