Knitting Trolls



Lazy days...

Amazing how time flies when you're feeling lazy... I can't believe it's Sunday already! I spent most of the rainy Saturday yesterday reading King Dork by Frank Portman. It's a young adult novel that the critics were raving about but I just thought it was OK. I guess I'm getting old... The best thing about the book is that the young man narrating and his best friend are always creating new band names, designing band logos and naming their first album. It's hilarious. When I was in high school me and my best friend had a fake band named Melted Icecream. Unlike the book, we never went on to form a real band - this band existed on paper only. I was the lead guitarist and singer while Julie played bass. I think my first boyfriend - Jeff Richards - was the drummer (what is my thing with dating drummers?!). Once word got around about Melted Icecream, everyone wanted to be in the band. And I mean everyone! We had a keyboardist (this was the late '80's after all), a tamborine player, roadies, bus driver, etc. I wish I could find that paper that listed all of the band members. Aaah, nostalgia...

So, I have actually gotten some knitting done in these past 2 weeks since posting - below please find the latest baby blanket (I thought it was my last for awhile but another friend had to go and get knocked up) and another baby hat.

The blanket was based loosely (and I do mean loosely) off a pattern from Family Circle's Easy Knitting magazine. It was knit with Hobby Lobby Yarn Bee yarn (isn't this yarn so cute?) on size 10 needles. It was probably the easiest blanket that I did. The hat is another one from the Art Yarn Candy yarn knit on size 6 needles from a pattern off the label. I love these little hats...


This scarf is based loosely off the Stitch and Bitch book's Coney Island Fireworks scarf. I did use the Trendsetter eyelash yarn that it called for but I used a cheap black acrylic yarn that I had for the black yarn. The damn eyelash yarn kept getting tangled up so I had to throw some of it away so the scarf is not as long as I'd like. Also I knit it on size 10 needles as the size 15 called for in the book just did not look right. For just being a garter stitch scarf, this one was a real pain the ass!

OK, stupid blogger has now decided to stop posting pics so I can't post the pic yet of the hat made out of the self-striping yarn. Sigh... So anyhoo, that's what I've been up to. I know, my life is exciting...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2:56 PM

OOOOhhh, Self-striping yarn...    



11:24 AM

wow, that blanket came out really well, good choice of yarn for the pattern.    



» Post a Comment