Knitting Trolls



Eat... Pray... Knit...

Dear Trolly-olly-o's:

I just read the most fabulous book - Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. This book is so good, it makes me want to go on a spiritual journey. I'm serious! But I don't have a job that I can take a year off and wander the world in search of God. Sigh... So I'll have to settle for knitting.

Speaking of knitting, my newest obsession is dishcloths. Yes, you heard me right - dishcloths. I'm really turning into a spinster, aren't I? Aren't knitted dishcloths things your grandma made for the church bazaar? I know, it's crazy but they are easy, cheap and fun and when you're done you have a nice fancy dishcloth! If I start knitting toilet paper or kleenex box covers, that's when you stop me, OK?


Here is my first dishcloth, you can't really see the pattern very well but trust me, this dishcloth rocks! The pattern is one from my Knitting the Easy Way book and the book doesn't lie - extremely easy. And believe me, I don't have the problem that Melanie has with not using something you've knitted - I've already done dishes with it. And it held up magnificently.

I'm also (sadly) still trying to knit myself a hat that I can actually wear this winter. Here is my latest pathetic attempt.


Sadly, this hat also has issues but I am getting closer to a hat that I can wear! This hat was knit from this pattern using size 10 needles and Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky yarn. I loved the yarn but I knit the large size hat because I do have a large head with large hair and alas, it has a weird point at the top and just doesn't quite look right... I looked like a pointy headed long shoreman. And I don't like the seam on this - I really need to learn to knit in the round. That definitely is among my next knitting goals.

Speaking of knitting goals, I am vowing (you trolls are my witnesses) not to buy any yarn or knitting books for the whole month of August. I'm starting to get out of control so I'm cutting myself off for a month (unless there is some fantastic sale or something - hello! I'm not crazy!). So my goals for August are to knit only from the Stash (which is ridiculously large) and to learn how to knit in the round. It's good for a troll to have goals...

On the lookout for pointy headed long shoremen in need of a hat,

Michelle

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment