Knitting Trolls



Hot, Hot, Hot...

Dear trolls:

It is a sweltering 150 degrees outside - OK, perhaps I exagerate but really, it's freaking hot. July in KC is hell, I tell you, hell. What did people do before air conditioning?!

So the other night on my foray out to the burlesque show, I asked my friend Heather if she had checked out the blog. She had not even though I sent her the link 2 months ago! This I do not understand since I love blogs - I guess it's the voyeur in me... Anyhoo, I somehow mentioned my imaginary high school band - Melted Ice Cream. Heather got very excited and wanted to be the tamborine player. We decided that her younger, pregnant sister could be the interpretive dancer but she needed to grow underarm hair. Heather suggested perhaps an underarm toupee.

Why does a band that exists only on paper get people so excited? If we decide to tour, do we do it by me writing about it? I can just see it now - Melted Icecream 2006 World Wide Tour. We do a show in Uzbekistan (I probably spelled it wrong but I really like that name) and Heather starts a riot by doing a strip tease with her burkha. Some men even denounce Allah after catching a glimpse of her creamy thighs... Our interpretive dancer starts a new dance craze in Japan after she gives birth onstage and the Japanese think it's a crazy American dance. OK, enough about my imaginary band...

Knitting! Well, I attempted another hat. This one made of yummy, yummy, yet quite pricey Noro Kureyon. I LOVED this yarn but at $8.50/skein it's a "special occasion" yarn. I used this pattern and knit on size 10 needles.


I adore this little hat but I still cannot wear it. This hat is much smaller than the last hat so it resembles a very colorful yarmulke and therefore makes me look like a Jewish Rastafarian. I don't know why I'm so attracted to these damn striped hats that make me look ridiculous but I am... Sigh...

Your knitting rastafarian troll,
Michelle
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment