Knitting Trolls



Must. Have. Yarn.

Dearest trolls and troll wanna-bes:

Tomorrow officially starts my "yarn diet" so what did I do all weekend? I bought yarn! Isn't that what you always do before you start a diet, gorge yourself one last time? It's not completely my fault as The Studio was having this fantastic 2 day sale in which everything (yes, I said everything) in the store was 25% off! Thankfully it was still July so I didn't have to bend any rules.

How much yarn do I exactly have in my stash? Here is the pic of my yarn hordeing:

Some people may not think that is that much but I've only been knitting for a few months people, months - not years. There must be at least 50 balls of yarn plus a yarn kit in there. At least, I don't even want to count it. Yep, my name is Michelle and I'm a yarnaholic. If I don't have sex soon, I' m afraid I'll have to rent a storage locker.

Since I'm already admitting my problems in this webpost - here's another that some of my friends already know about me. I'm a cyberstalker. I used to stalk my ex-boyfriend's MySpace page and find out when he was lying to me (which was often) but I gave that up for my own sanity. Then today, I was looking at a posting at one of the blogs I frequent and it had some links to some purse tutorials (sewing, not knitting). Being as I now have a sewing machine and would love to sew up some cute little purses, I clicked on a few. One of the postings was on Craftster and I was scrolling down, looking at the tutorial and at the end of the tutorial there were comments. Well the first comment had a very familiar looking tattoo on it and the name was Poppet which happens to be my ex-boyfriend's wife's (so weird calling her his wife) MySpace name. So of course, I click on it. And it is indeed her. And so I proceed to spend most of the day reading her blog. I am ashamed of that fact but hey, there it is.

At first I was upsetting myself by reading it as she just gushes about the ex and how happy they are. Then I got mad that his life is so damn great and I'm in Stuckville, population me. But then I had to tell myself to get over it - I'm only hurting myself by carrying this self pity around. My life is actually pretty damn good. Yeah, it could be better but it's not that bad. I never, ever wanted Justin. Our relationship only lasted as long as it did because my whole world was falling apart and he was the thing I had left to cling to. And it was a mistake to cling to him but I did and he was smart enough to get out. Yeah, he's a lying, cheating sack of shit but hey, I knew it for a long time and still put up with it. I should be happy that they are happy. She actually seems like a pretty cool person - a little on the messed up side maybe but hey, I'm no saint (see picture of yarn and cyber stalking confession above). I actually think if I met her in totally different circumstances that I could be her friend as we seem to have a lot in common and I can totally tell why Justin fell for her - she is definitely his type.

So there we have it - confession and absolution (kind of) all in one post. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go make love to my yarn...

Looking for a 12 step program,

Michelle

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1:12 PM

Oh Michelle...this post made me want to shout "yippee"...I believe that you have made a giant step towards something and I am hoping that something comes in the form of two balls and a dick. You can count on me for posts about sex anytime.
Love ya!
T    



» Post a Comment