Knitting Trolls



The Year of Yes..

Dearest trolls:

I just finished reading the book "The Year of Yes" by Maria Dahvaran Headley about how Maria one year decided to say yes to everyone that asked her out. It was a pretty good book and definitely amusing but she was 21 when she did this. Hell, I went out with everyone that asked me out when I was 21, too! Hell, I'd make out with you if you bought me drink... But now I'm 37 and I think my past year has been "The Year of Don't Bother Me, I'm Knitting." Sad? Kind of... But look at all the cool knitting I've gotten done! So what if I haven't had sex in 2 years?! I'm knitting!

OK, speaking of knitting, I have a new finished project - the evil purse. This is a gift for my friend JoAnn's birthday so I shouldn't call it evil but man, I hated this purse! It's another Girly purse from Magknits but this one was from Hell. I used the Berroco Glace yarn that the pattern called for and it was a bitch to work with - it kept splitting, the yarn got tangled up so much that I spent half the time working on getting knots out. Such. A. Pain. Ironically, the Crystal Palace yarn I used on the first purse was actually $2/skein cheaper and it was so much nicer to work with. Almost everything went wrong with this evil purse. The lining is kind of crooked (and too small), the handles barely fit - I am almost embarassed to give this as a gift but cosmetically, it looks fine. Only I know the evil that lurks beneath....

Satan's Handbag
Don't bother me, I'm just a knitting troll,
Michelle
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment