Knitting Trolls



Vacation - all I ever wanted?


Pattern: Cameo Faggot Stitch Scarf
Yarn Used: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky

Pattern: Windy City Scarf from Stitch and Bitch

Yarn Used: Bernat Satin

OK, so I'm in the midst of a seven day vacation from work and what have I done? Spent hours shopping at the mall for a dress to wear to a wedding and then hours browsing thrift shops. That's about it. And what did I buy from those hours spent shopping? One pair of shoes from Payless. Sigh... I feel as if I have had the most unproductive 2 days possible.

But Troll Trish did come through and let me borrow a dress to wear to the wedding that is absolutely what I wanted. She hasn't even worn it yet (it still has tags on it!). I'm almost scared to wear it but she insisted I borrow it. What a friend... And in other good news, I got a call for an interview for Tuesday. Woo hoo! Wish me luck...

In knitting news, I have knit the above 2 scarves. The gray one I love - I was originally going to knit this one for charity but I love it so I'm keeping it. The second one is screwed up so badly I cannot even give it to charity so don't know what I'm doing with it. It's the Windy City Scarf from the Stitch 'n Bitch book and I think I had the wrong gauge and that's part of the problem. The hole is too low in the scarf and I followed directions exactly. But I didn't check my gauge because it's a scarf! I did screw up the hole a bit because I was watching TV and somehow got extra stitches. I love the colors but it just isn't right. Sigh...

I think part of why I'm not enjoying this vacation is that I'm PMSing in a big way. I was watching Grey's Anatomy last night while I was knitting - a show I don't normally watch. And God, it is the most depressing show ever! My God, people dying left and right! I just knit and cried and wondered why I get invited to so many damn weddings especially since I may never get married and how cruel is it for me to really want to get married and get invited to a million weddings but I can't meet anyone that I'd consider marrying. Yep, it was a knitting self-pity PMS night. The only thing missing was wine consumption (which I considered).

Working on enjoying what's left of my vacation,

Michelle


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment