Knitting Trolls



Chopped Liver...

Well, I survived Wichita... It was fun (except for a scary encounter with Mountain Oysters) but it's good to be back in Troll-ville. So after 3 days in Wichita I needed some culture and last weekend fulfilled that need.

Friday: spent evening with Melanie Troll and Jillie B. watching the Alvin Ailey dance troupe. Absolutely amazing... If you ever get a chance to view them, you must! They never fail to move me (but maybe I'm a sap).

Saturday: went with my neighbor Aimie to the Crossroads Music fest. It was a fantastic time - so many good bands! Even though I felt like chopped liver next to Aimie (aka Etta Vendetta, I've blogged about her burlesque show). Aimie is one of the absolute sweetest people I know and she made sure to introduce me to EVERYONE that came up and talked to her and I do believe that was everyone in the whole world. But they would glance right through me and mumble something along the lines of "nice to meet you" (including the women) and then get right back to Aimie.







My neighbor Aimie

Me (aka chopped liver)

But really, I didn't mind as we saw some great bands: the Gaslights (featuring another neighbor, Jon Stubblefield), the Wilders, the Roman Numerals, Doris Henson, It's Over (a band with a lead singer that looks so much like a girl that I doubted it seriously when Aimie assured me he had a penis - verdict is still out on that. I won't believe it until I see it.), and then the finale - the Architects. The Architects rocked my face off - they were so awesome. All of the bands were awesome but the Architects ROCKED! All of the twenty-somethings were standing at the front of the stage just doing their cool head bobs. Not me - I was a good 10 years older than most of the people there and I was dancing my ass off. And I didn't care. I was chopped liver, remember?

We then headed over to the Brick for the afterparty and saw SuperBlackMarket and Anvil Chorus. Anvil Chorus also rocked my face off - they have everything I could possibly want in a band - heavy guitars and drums, keyboards and a haunting female vocalist. And I met my neighbor - Bob! Bob has only lived above me for 2 months and I just now met him - just now! Of course he knew Aimie and she introduced me. Bob is a tattoo artist at Irezumi (where I got mine! He knows Stormy!) and he is in a band called This Alibi.

Whew! This post is getting lengthy - and no knitting! I'll post knitting later...

Rock and roll ain't noise pollution,

Michelle

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2:06 PM

Please don't rock your face off anymore! Then how could I talk to you!!
You rockstar    



» Post a Comment