Knitting Trolls



Psychedelic, man...

This is my September dishcloth from the Monthly Dishcloth KAL - it's supposed to be a leaf but I used variagated yarn as I didn't have any solids so you can't see the leaf. It's just kind of psychedelic looking... Oh well, it'll still wash the dishes!

Look at all the goodies in this picture! I found a new thriftstore that benefits the City Union Mission (a local homeless shelter). It's filled to the brim with lots of crap and it's cheap! I got all of these things plus a pair of vintage fishnets (still in the package) for my neighbor who has a hosiery fetish all for $6.40! The creamer in the front right actually matches some dishes that my father gave me that used to belong to my grandmother. It was a quarter! Do you know how much I would have had to pay to buy that on eBay? I've priced them and it's a lot more than a quarter.

It was just all around a fabulous weekend... My neighbors threw a big BBQ party on Saturday. I wasn't going to go until 6 p.m. but went down around 2ish because the Blue Angels were flying in the neighborhood and I wanted to see them. They were here for an airshow and I love them - those loud jets, fast and daring flights - very testosteroney... So I went down early and didn't make it back upstairs until 11:30 when I collapsed into bed. I am proud of myself for not drinking until 5 p.m. but it was still too much. But that's the beauty of partying in the front yard - not far to crawl! I wasn't too bad off though as I ate a ton of food - it was all soooo good. Those girls can cook! I brought Corn, tomato and avocado salad which I use as a salsa with scoop chips. Soooo yummy... Anyway, the BBQ was a blast and quite an interesting crowd - lots of tattoos and thrift store clothing! All of the neighbors showed up (including some former neighbors) - even the stuffy couple that lives next to me! I ate, drank, admired tattoos, got into a deep religious discussion with my downstairs neighbor and a very cute, very smart former anthropology major (so cute! and so young!), got hit on by a big tattooed guy who's in a goth metal band, etc. until I had to leave. I even talked about knitting! Some of my neighbors want to learn so I'm thinking about having "knitting clinics" and teaching them what little I know. It will be fun!

All in all a fabulous weekend, I didn't achieve my knitting goals but it was worth it...

Tired but happy,

Michelle


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment